Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Preparation for the Great Debate

In less than 48 hours, Governor Sarah Palin will debate Senator Joseph Biden as the two VP candidates spar on the issues of the day. I for one can't wait. Sarah has been impressive in her interviews so far with Charlie Gibson and Katie Couric. Released today was a another clip with Katie where Sarah announced that she has been listening to Joe Biden's speeches since she was in the second grade! Wow! I am really impressed and she will undoubtedly be well prepared. McCain's team now has her sequestered at one of his homes in Arizona where she is practicing outdoors next to a creek. Imagine how relaxed she will be. She has been most impressive since she stepped onto the scene with her obvious command of the issues. She knows her stuff. Here is a preview of some of the quotes you might hear during the debate:

I can see Russia from my living room.
You know when Putin rears his ugly head, he flys over Alaska.
The troops in Iraq are on a mission from God.
Alaska has borders with Russia and Canada, and I am the Chief Executive thereof.
Most VP candidates in history have never met a head of state.
I am an energy expert, Alaska provides 20% of America's energy needs.
I am a maverick and reformer.
John McCain is a maverick and a reformer.
I am commander in chief of the Alaska National Guard.
And did you know that I can see Russia from my living room?
Regarding the bail out: You know its all about jobs
Did you know I went to five colleges?
Oh, and you know that bridge to nowhere, I told Congress thanks but no thanks and then spent the money on what we thought was worthwhile.

Perhaps you have been listening more closely to some of her appearances so if I have missed any good lines, please add your comment to this post. And be sure to watch the big debate to see if Sarah will blink. You know she doesn't blink.

1 comment:

Jenny | The Balow Bunch said...

Have you seen this article?? More suggested answers for Sarah...

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1008/14189.html